Retail ADVANTAGE Point of Sale Software Online Manual Section 6.2
SELECT FROM THE MENU BAR POINT OF SALE THEN SETUP THEN SETUP POINT OF SALE
This screen sets the options for the Point of Sale Module.
1) Select a previously setup register name to name your local computer as the Point of Sale register.
2) If you are using a newer receipt printer, you may have a Windows driver installed on your machine if not, the Retail ADVANTAGE Point of Sale Software system has programmed a way to print receipts without a printer driver for older printers. A Windows printer driver is installed in Retail ADVANTAGE Point of Sale Software. Make sure your printer is setup as the default printer in your windows control panel to print receipts.
3) Select if you want the POS program to open a cash drawer automatically or not. If you answer yes the program will send a signal to the type of cash drawer you will be using. Select the type of cash drawer that you have from the list of cash drawers available. The star interfaced cash drawer means that you have a star receipt printer and the cash drawer you purchased is connected to the receipt printer. The serial com 1 cash drawer is attached directly to your serial com port 1 (9pin) on your computer while the serial com 2 cash drawer type is attached to your serial com port 2 on your computer.
4) Using the multiple operators per shift option allows Retail ADVANTAGE Point of Sale Software not to request shift close outs every time a new operator logs on to the point of sale.
5) The Print Detailed End Shift Reconciliation option turned ON will automatically print a detailed report at a shift close out.
You will also notice a button
labeled delete invoice. This
option will let you find an invoice number and delete it if necessary.
You Point of Sale Hardware Devices
If you purchased additional hardware from Aknaf Software to work with your computer please follow these instructions.
HHP 3080 and
HHP 3800 Bar Code Scanners
Each model comes with a "Y" cable to attach to the bar code scanner. Since it is a keyboard interface, you will need to unplug your keyboard and attach it to the "Y" cable and then plug in other end of the "Y" cable into the Keyboard port of the computer (where the keyboard was originally attached). DO NOT USE THE HHP MANUAL OR ATTEMPT TO PROGRAM THE BAR CODE SCANNER. The programming is already in our software, this is simply plug and play.
-The 3800 can have an optional USB cable for an
additional fee. The USB cable
may be necessary if you are using a notebook computer because there may not
be enough voltage from the notebook computer at the keyboard port to operate
a bar code scanner. There is no
USB connection available for the HHP 3080.
Receipt Printers: Aknaf Software recommends the Star Micronics brand of receipt printer to work with ADVANTAGE. The Star Receipt printer comes in several models; the SP212 and SP216 are the most popular and are labeled with a large sp200 label on the printer. The SP212 is beige while the SP216 is a dark gray or black. They are a parallel printer type, which means they plug in the parallel port on your computer. If you purchased the star printer from Aknaf Software a free parallel cable will have been included with your printer. You must have a standard parallel printer cable to attach to the SP212 or SP216. They require 3-inch wide receipt paper. This kind of paper can be found at any office supply center or store and comes in single, duplicate or triplicate.
-The receipt printer must be your default printer in your windows printer setup. We recommend just installing the Generic Text Only printer driver to use with the Star Printers. If you use the Generic Text Only Driver you will not need an additional installation disk from the manufacturer. If you are using the Star 300 or higher series receipt printer or an Epson receipt printer you can use the manufacturer supplied driver. You may need to visit the manufacturer’s website to retrieve that driver.
*** To install a Generic/Text Only Printer Driver,
click on the “Start” click on “Printers & Faxes”, then click on
“Add a Printer”. The “Add
Printer Wizard” will pop up, and you will need to click next to continue. You want to choose the option “Local printer attached to
this computer”, and make sure that the box titled “Automatically detect
and install my Plug and Play printer” is NOT checked, and click next.
The wizard will ask you which port to use.
Click “Use the following port” and make sure that “LPT1:
(Recommended Printer Port) is selected, and click next.
On this screen you will need to choose “Generic” as the
Manufacturer (left side) and “Generic/Text Only” for the Printer (right
side), and then click next. When
asked “Do you want to keep the existing driver or use the new one?”
select “Keep existing driver”, and then click Next. Leave the Printer name as Generic/Text Only and MAKE SURE
THAT YOU SELECT THIS PRINTER AS YOUR DEFAULT PRINTER, click next.
Printer sharing is situational, so choose what is best for you, and
click next. The wizard will
then ask if you want to print a test page, but there is no need to do that
at this time. Click next and it
will review your choices, click finish and you are done.
Cash Drawers: The star interfaced cash drawers plug directly into the receipt printer. These cash drawers have a wire that looks like a telephone wire that plug into the receipt printer. The port on the receipt printer for the cash drawer to plug into is found next to the parallel port for the parallel printer cable to plug into the computer. The cash drawer port will be covered by a removable piece of plastic.
Serial Cash drawers plug into a 9pin port on the back of your computer. You will need to copy either draw1.bat (for a cash drawer that plugs into your com1 port ) or draw2.bat for com2 port from the installation CD and put that file in the salon or retail folder on your computer.
The magnetic card reader (credit card reader) is connected similarly to the bar code scanner as mentioned above. It is keyboard interface as well. If you have bar code scanner and magnetic card reader they both can be daisy chained in with the keyboard and should still only use one port.
*****Bar Code Scanner: The HHP3080 and HHP3800 do not need to be programmed to work with ADVANTAGE. DO NOT SCAN ANY OF THE CODES THAT YOU SEE IN THE MANUAL THAT COMES WITH IT.
Retail ADVANTAGE Point of Sale Software Online Manual Section 6.2
Support on Retail ADVANTAGE Point of Sale Software available 9 am - 5 pm CST Monday thru Friday Call us at 281-398-3770 Sales toll free at 888-785-0882 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website designed by Aknaf Software Website Design 2007